Wednesday, April 26, 2006

dirty minds

the garden 26th April 2006
I worked so hard today.... Gardening... My passion. I love it. I'm not actually terribly good at it, but I try and I love the end results.
I finished tending the beds today and covered it all with a top layer of compost before planting the new baby bedding plants.
I nipped round the local Co-op and got two huge bags of compost. There was Co-op own brand Chav compost or compost with John Innes.
I'm not sure what "with John Innes" means at all. Maybe Johns ashes are mixed in with the muck or maybe he wee'd in it... God Knows. But it sounded posh so I got that.
I was telling my new friend (Zeus) about my compost experience tonight. I was saying how heavy the bags were and how I had a job fitting them in (the boot) and how big they were.
eliciting sympathy (as I do) for all the hard work.
However ears were listening. Abby got the wrong end of the stick...
"Hard job fitting it in", "BIG", "Large!"
Crikey she has a dirtier mind than me.
She bursts into the room and says loudly "This conversation is a little undesirable for young ears isn't it mother?"
Then a smaller voice from her sisters bedroom shouts out "Abby, they're talking about COMPOST"
Zeus was in stitches. Abby still reckons Compost is a code name for sex.
Now lets not get onto the subject of Bread And Jam ok!
John Innes.... I have no idea WTF they are talking about here... Double Dutch
kizzy inspects the lawnmover

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Abby's comments were hysterical but Danz's response was fantastic. Being put straight by your younger sister. LOL. Never mind Abby, I'm sure some of what you overhear is dirtier than compost ;-)
Good going on the garden though. Don't forget we want pics as soon as it starts shooting.

Trinity said...

I must have a VERY dirty mind......
Shooting what exactly Mr Exaxis?
Hmmmm?