Wednesday, April 05, 2006

send heat

It's been a beautiful day here. Blue skies and sun...Lots of sun. But tonight is cold. I bet it will frost overnight.
Last night we had the fire up high. I've switched off the central heating for the summer. Sorry kids we can only afford heat for Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb.... For the rest we use the pokey council gas fire.
So we had the fire up high and I had 2 candles on top. Over the evening I noticed this odd smell. But it wasn't until really late I noticed the candles had melted.... Really melted all over the fire.
I know, silly bitch. They shouldn't have been there.... It was an accident.
But the wax has melted all into the fire.
Tonight we switched it on and the smoke from it set off the fire alarms (least they work!)
So we're sat here cold. I have bed socks and pyjamas and a blanket on me. My blanket is on my knees. Yes, I'm officially elderly.
Any idea what I can do about the fire?
Help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, depends where the wax has ended up - if it's landed somewhere unimportant then it'll eventually all evaporate (all the while making that paraffin smell), but if it's landed in the gas outlets it could set and block something. Does the fire work as normal when you restart it? If it does, maybe run it on high for 15 r 20 minutes with a window open and see if it clears - but probably be as well to get somebody to take a peep to be sure.