Wednesday, April 19, 2006

anti social driving orders

I had the most distressing journey to work today. I dropped the girls off and headed down the Main Road to town. I got to the Traffic lights and they turned amber as I went through. I was half aware that a car who had appeared from nowhere on my right side. He'd gone through the lights at Red and was then at my side parallel to me (in the middle of the road). There was a huge slow moving truck in front and I was up to his bumper moving slowly.
The renegade car, incidentally licensed at GJ55 DCV an Astra Twinport, then revved loudly and pulled sharply in front of my car. This surprised me, there was nothing behind me, he could have easily slipped in at the back of me and been fine.
I turned to look and frowned. He then began to shake his fist at me. Shout and beep loudly and kept making rude gestures and being very aggressive.
I let him in front, I had no choice. He drove a bit further and sped up then put his brakes on hard. I was forced to stop, he then did this several times down the road. The whole way to the bottom he was swerving his car, braking and making gestures in his mirror. I was really scared.
Unfortunately he was going my way for some time. At another set of lights I was really scared he was going to get out. He was watching me in his mirror. I took a pen out of my pocket and wrote his number down. To my shock he then began to clap extravagantly in the mirror, he obviously could see what I was doing.
After a while I realised he was doing it for effect and attempted to look away when we stopped and started with the heavy traffic. He eventually took the Portishead road and I went into town, I was scared all the way to work though because the Portishead road is often used as a short cut, you can get round and back into town when the traffic on the Cumberland Basin is bad.
I was so cross; there is nothing at all to protect you from this kind of anti social road behaviour. I reckon you need a driving ASBO, where you can report such dickheads like him and if that behaviour continues get them banned.
I arrived at work to find a Mum and a collapsed teenager at the door. I got help, carried her into the ward all before even putting my bag down.
I had a crap day. It's been so busy. My head is spinning and I was very stressed. I so wanted a better day after yesterday.
My mouth is really bad today. The whole area is very painful, my head hurts and I have a vile taste in my mouth.
I got home and called the Dental Hospital, Please I really need someone to look at this for me. FFS I help people all day long. I need someone to help me.
You know what? The woman on main reception could barely speak English and gave me the number for NHS Direct.
Fucking Crap. Excuse me whilst I go quietly cry somewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, this is why I like the American anti-road-idiot system: Loaded guns by the drivers seat.

Donna said...

I would have thought you could report him for that. I had a wanker do similar to me, but went a step further and came and banged on my car window when we stopped at a red light. I reported him and he went to court for it. I think he got a few points and a fine. Fucking wanker agressive drivers.