Sunday, March 27, 2005

Letters to the editor. The lovely Dolores from Newark NJ.

Letters - The Advocate - www.newarkadvocate.com:

"This is the time people enjoy their yards and plant their gardens with high hopes for a beautiful environment. But my hopes get dashed every year because of cats -- no less than five at a time, running through the flowers, the garden and shrubbery as well as onto my car, porch and porch furniture.
Even more disturbing are their victims -- the birds and bunnies they kill and discard for me to pick up. I have watched them marking their territories from my window. I know how they will flatten the flower beds and garden, crouching in wait, and leave excrement where I will be working with the soil.
I take pride in yardwork and enjoy it immensely, only to find someone's cat is destroying it. I'm not blaming the cats. However, I do blame their owners for not assuming some responsibility to control them (note have you ever tried to control a cat?) and have respect for another's property. It is not my responsibility to purchase cages to protect what I have. I cannot even leave the garage doors open to walk away for a minute, and I do not appreciate the scratches on my vehicle and the cat hairs on the porch furniture. (you must have comfy porch furniture take it as a cat compliment)
I appreciate animals, and that includes the small wildlife on my premises. But if I wanted a cat, I would buy one. I also appreciate the love pet owners have for their animals, but I would hope that others should not be subjected to their domains and the damage they can cause.
If you live in the neighborhood of Hudson Avenue, or any other neighborhood for that matter, please control your cat. That's what dog owners are required to do."

GET A FECKING LIFE DOLORES! OR BETTER STILL GET A PUSSY.

No comments: