Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Living next door to Alice

Alice Cooper maybe? Tonight I had to work, so the kids have been here alone. I had quite a few frantic phone calls from Abby. Next door have been arguing again..Badly. She heard the man of the house yelling at the kids and his missus, swearing and banging doors, fighting and screaming. And it scared her. She finds it hard to forget that her dad attacked me once and beat me up in front of her. Kicked me and punched me and told them that he was taking them away from me and they'd never see "That mad bitch ever again"
She stayed with a friend once and in the night her parents had a humdinger of an argument and she got hysterical and had to come home.
So next door's fight club scares her. She frets about the kids in there, she can't relax. Typically I'm home now and they've shut up. Prob collapsed into a drunken stupor.
Work was odd with parents and kids turning up that weren't booked in and not meant to be there, then demanding to see a doctor...Who was v v busy then being vile to me complaining and mouthy because they had to wait over an hour.
One woman came in because she didn't believe her GP when he said her kid was fine. Funny that...Her kid was fine.
I was working with a very junior but very competent doctor who I like a lot. He's a good man. He doesn't do many evenings because of his junior status but has to do the odd one. I see these people at work doing these highly professional jobs and I forget they have a home life. He called his wife to find out how her and their year old baby was. Now he'd told her he was working but she'd forgotten. She asked him how long it was till he came home and he said 9pm. With that she threw a paddy and put the phone down on him. He told me she was pissy because it meant she had to bath the baby and put him to bed. Apparently my doctor friend always does that.
FFS She doesn't work!!!!!!!! What is it with these women? And why couldn't I find a man like that? Why was mine like Onslow? Why was he incapable of doing anything?
sexy hot ironing actionI know men who cook, clean, bath kids, iron their own clothes...And sometimes dresses too (not his I hasten to add) Men who can fix stuff, plumb stuff, fix cars, and they work all week and have a social life and friends and they love their wives and kids and are happy and yet are still really brilliant interesting and decent people.
Poor Trin!! The 21 st century man has passed me by. All I can hope for is a reincarnation into royalty. (and not living next door to the Chavs)

ps on the way home Virgin FM spliced Green Day's Boulevard of Broken dreams into Oasis's Wonderwall and it was fab.

No comments: