Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Fame

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usTonight me and the girls went to see Fame At the Hippodrome. Something the girls had been looking forward to for ages and yes, they did essentially enjoy it.
We got soaking wet walking to the centre from the car park. The heaven's opened and stupid girls never brought a coat (they aren't babies anymore!) The theatre was essentially packed apart from the row infront of us which was weirdly empty. Behind me sat a full row of regular show watchers who discussed at length what they'd seen last and what they were seeing next. Next to me sat a mother and two little girls. The slightly older one was ok but the young one was a pain in the neck. She moved seats about 20 times. Sat on her mums lap, got off sat on again and not once did the woman tell her to sit still. The show fanatics behind kept clucking in disgust and making noises of disapproval.
The show was quite superficial. Not once did we get to know any of the characters in order to symathise or identify with them. The girl who played Carmen was most annoying and loud with this false hysterical spanish/ NY accent. Right at the end we found out she'd topped herself with heroin. Thank God for that I thought.
The dancing was lively, but it lacked colour and vibrancy and the sheer wow of many other shows I've seen. But it was an enjoyable enough night out and Danz especially loved it.
My hip hurt for the entire 2nd half. I know it was from the damn car accident. I certainly know that I'd never manage flying to the states in economy...I'd be in agony. The seat in the Hippodrome are not made for comfort and although only 5ft 5 My legs were squashed. I have no idea how tall men fare.
At the end we all got up and danced and that was the best bit. Ended on a feel good high.
Abby says she wants to see Chicago... I've seen it on stage once. Never again. I have never been quite so bored.
I like stuff like Les Mis, Joseph, West Side Story and Footloose was pretty good. I like something I can have a good cry to. 'There's a place for us......'

No comments: