Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sunday Smilies

Whatever has been wrong with me this weekend? I have no idea really. I was thinking today about my life these past five years. I told a mate about something really awful I did a few years ago. Something I'll always be eternally ashamed of and they said...no big deal. Stop fussing. And you know they're right. It's all part and parcel of life. I have climbed mountains these past four years. Climbed out of a big black hole that threatened to engulf me. I battled with mental illness, homelessness, poverty, divorce, major surgery. I've climbed back on my feet and stood up straight. Looked life in the eye and got on with it. I've coped with rejection, hurt, a prat ex husband, bailiffs , oh I could go on for ages.
When my Ex left me he took our newish R reg car (peugeot 306 diesel in Diablo red) with him. And I wanted to show him that I don't need him, never needed him. Driving my nice R reg Suzuki today made me feel good.
We went to visit my mum in Weston...A run in the car really. It'll be better when they move back up here. We sat watching A Wedding Story. Some Discover Health American programme. My mum asked if I'd ever get married again. I said no bloody way. I could think of nothing worse than being tied to and trapped by some man. The wedding on the TV droned on. Wow it was an awful wedding. So drab. Mother of the bride looked like she wore a sack. The bride's outfit and hair looked so severe, It accentuated all of her worse bits like her sharp long nose and Vulcan ears. The bridesmaid had Burgundy hair and a peach dress. In the end after me and mum bitched about it for 20 minutes my Dad told us to shut up.... He'd never met such a bunch of witches. Ha!
On the way home I got the girls a bag of chips. I made a mental note to make next week healthy eating week. Ditch the micro meals and do some real cooking (I'll try)
Then Abs decides she wants to go see Keanu (yum yum )at the cinema in Constantine, with RT's teenangster. In rushing to get out in time I forgot the house keys and locked us all out. We all stood there in shock. I had no idea what to do. My lovely neighbour next door (the decent side) managed to put her hand through the letter box and loop a broom handle over the handle to open it. Took a while though. Mental note number two...Get a spare key cut to give her.
Right so a new week. A new frame of mind. A positive Trin. :)

1 comment:

Stephen said...

If the nice neighbour can do it that easily, so can other people - when you get the locksmiths to fit that chain, get a deadlock put on, too.