Sunday, August 15, 2004

Sunday so where's the Sun?

The nearest Sunday before my birthday is always family day. So around they all came. My poor dad looking like he's just had major surgery (yep) my mum, My sister and her soon to be husband and Granny. Granny seems to be getting a bit 'old' and doesn't quite grasp the art of tact anymore. I overheard her telling my dad he could have died and then began a quite profound convo on death which upset Abs. Granny immediately began a tyranny on my hair as she fell into the car (literally, the Honda civic 2 door isn't suitable for carting the old gits around in) 'What have you done to your hair? Wash it out immediately its terrible' and she went on and on and on till in the end even my dad told her to leave me alone.
My hair is a sore subject as it cost £43 and now had gone from a lush funky red....To pink and now a subtle (not) orangey look. I'm going to try buy some dye tomorrow as a temp rescue remedy as Hairdresser is in Canada for a week.
Granny asks such stupid questions...Like 'did the pot the candle is stuck in come with the candle? yess obviously. 'Am I going to drive barefoot?' Noooooooo
She doesn't want a freezer delivered to the house incase they get the wrong house. FFS.
Anyways I got some cards and some money :-) and some plates from my bro? hmmm but they were cool ones I guess.
My sister announces she's getting married next month but doesn't want the kids there. I completely feel that its her day and she should have what she wants. Originally no-one was invited but now she wants me to go....But just between me and you lot (I wouldn't upset her) My girls aren't kids. She's both of their Godmothers and I do feel a bit sad that they can't share her day. She's meant a huge deal to them and I was sure its reciprocated. But her man has two smallish kids of his own that they don't want there as they don't want his ex-wife knowing anything about it. So if they say no kids it doesn't matter.
You know though I knew a family once that's dad remarried twice and never invited them either time, and to this day they haven't forgiven him for not including them in his special day.
She also was getting married in the registry office but now is doing it in Priddy Church. Awww don't really know how to tell the girls. But they will understand. Its really only when you have kids of your own you realise how these things do matter.
So three days till my birthday. Why the feck am I counting down? I just know it will be a sad, silly day. Always is. But I live in hope that one day I'll enjoy it. Does anyone enjoy their special day? I make Abby and Danz really special and I'd make yours special too. If you let me :-)
xxx

No comments: