Thursday, August 19, 2004

10cc, Queen and Trin's quirks


I found a CD last night of 10cc and I was suddenly reminded of my total obsession with them years ago. I'd sit playing the tracks over and over. I liked the fact that their songs often told a story from beginning to end. Think 'I'm Mandy Fly me' and 'Dread Lock Holiday' Most people remember 'I'm Not in Love' but although that was possibly their most successful track they themselves didn't think it was a good creative move and after that they split. I loved their ability to change tempo totally within a song...It started sounded like one thing then had a complete turn around. They were very clever musicians and writers and I still get a thrill when I hear their music. Rubber Bullets, The Deans Daughter, Good Morning Judge, I could go on and on.

I had the complete Queen collection for my birthday and submerged myself totally in their rock last night. It struck me how so many bands have had such inspiration for them, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers have such a similar sound at times thought No-One matches Freddie (sorry) obviously the band you tend to think of is the Darkness but their music will live on and on through so many. You know a smidgen of We Will Rock you was played in the Dodgeball film and it was a very funny moment. I also noticed when I played the cds that the tracks I detested back then I still dislike now! I hate The Ride my Bicycle, Song and Fat Bottomed Girls but am passionate for tracks like Killer Queen and Flash Gordon..... Oh yes I also loved the film though heaven knows why as it was crap. But it appealed to my quirky love of the unusual. My fav film in that vein was Barbarella. Wonder if that's available on DVD? Posted by Hello

No comments: