Saturday, August 14, 2004

Power to the music

I found out that my CD player has a random option, cool I'm playing a selection....Better than all the same album. This is a very good sign. I used to play music all the time but it started to irritate me. I couldn't concentrate on anything. Now I feel so good. Being able to lose myself in the song again. Because after all that's what music is all about. Reflecting our soul, rejoicing and singing out through music and song. Have you ever thought about music in church? Some of it is so pretty and rejoicing, some of it uplifting and some quiet and inflective. Our church tries too hard to influence peoples emotions through the songs they choose but you can't do that. We need different sorts of music according to how we feel. The Church I semi-attend tends to manipulate and force and I refuse to be pushed into one way of thinking. Living your life through Christianity is good. The ethics and morals are good and realising that we are not perfect and never can be, but through understanding that, we can try harder.
But all of this doesn't mean that I am a Christian or that I believe in a God. And I also refuse to be stereotyped into what non-Christians see as Christians. Hey I took my daughter the Witchfest this year. A day I thoroughly enjoyed and would definitely go again. Witches and wicca believe in the Earth and balance and that spoke to me reams.
So what am I playing now? How am I feeling? Well as you know I got myself into a bit of a state this week. I thought I'd lost a precious and must respected friend, silly me, I'd done nothing of the sort. I'm chilled and a bit emotionally worn out today. But I'm ok functioning fine. Just opposite to my often manic persona. I'm playing Kings Of Convenience 'Quiet is the New Loud' If you haven't heard it....Its sublime. Easyworld 'Kill the last Romantic' A new CD for me but I'm loving it and of course Damien Rice 'O' I want Damien to marry me.
Abby and Danika have gone to the balloon Festival with my £300 camera phone.... She's gone with a friend whose dad works for Cameron Balloons so they have a VIP pass and can park in the arena. And walk round under the balloons during tonight's balloon glow. Lucky Girl. The weather is lovely. Sunny with a light breeze. And the world is in balance again. Karma
XXX

No comments: