Tuesday, August 31, 2004

The decline of radio One

I left for work at 8.30. The car radio is set at Radio One and for the life of me I can't get any other channels, so I'm stuck. Two tracks were played back to back. Nelly 'its hot in herre' and Keane 'Bedshaped' (not an ace combo). Then I drove on as you do not really paying attention. Suddenly I realised it was 8.55 and no other records had been played, instead we had dickhead Chris Moyles and his pathetic cronies (I hate comedy Dave) wittering on about some crap. For 5 mins they quoted lines from Robbie Williams Angels. Forgive me for asking but isn't radio one about MUSIC? where has the music gone? In disgust I chucked in a Radiohead Tape and drove on.
But this reminded me. In the car coming back from the train station yesterday Scott Mills (whose okish) invited anyone to call in with any REQUEST and he'd play it. In calls Sarah from East England. Sarah had been out the night before with her 'cool m8's' They'd had such a laff. Ended up walking home singing 'Spoonful of sugar' at the top of their voices. What a group of super jokers! :chortle: So she wanted the Mary Poppins song played to remind her of her 'super' time.
AND THE FECKER PLAYED IT. All of it...To the last note.
  • Why was Sarah listening to radio one and not in a psychiatric ward?
  • Why was Sarah allowed to chose such crap and offend our ears in such a way?
  • Does this mean any old Max Bygraves record is now fair play?
  • where has the cutting edge of radio gone?
  • Are they completely stupid?

So that's twice in 48 hours I switched off. Is the end nigh? TBH? Yes I'm sure it is.


5 comments:

clarrie said...

see, I told Chris Moyles is a Bad Man. Radio 2 is where it's at, daddio.

Spaceminx said...

I couldn't agree more. Terry Wogan is the only one for me of a morning. Or Jonathan Ross at the weekend.

Spaceminx said...

I couldn't agree more. Terry Wogan is the only one for me of a morning. Or Jonathan Ross at the weekend.

Anonymous said...

hello...
i am from brazil.....
beautiful your website!!!
i am love lacuna coil besides...
i am not espeak inglish...rsrs....
kissess

Anonymous said...

sorry!!
my adress is www.fotologbr.com.br/gatadastrevas
comment!!!!
thanks..