Thursday, August 05, 2004

10 Days Off oh Yes!

I finished work at 3pm. 1/2 hour late but I couldn't cut the apron strings and leave the place until they chucked me out telling me they'd be fine without me. I worry about all the little things I do that no-one else even knows I do. I made sure everything was more than up to date then left. You know, I even phoned up tonight though to check it was all ok. I'm crazy. I'm trying to implement a major change....Having some quite strong opposition but I have a good case. All our blood results are on the computer. But about 8 weeks later we get them sent through on paper form. Thousands of them. Some mug (often me) has to sort them and file them..Why? What is the point? Oh incase a result slips through the net. Well yes ofcourse people will be lax picking up results if they KNOW a paper one comes through but you tell me how it looks to a parent to be told that 8 weeks ago their child had a really bad urine infection and no-one looked at the computer to check the result. Bad practice. Bad economy, bad for the trees, bad human resources. Not good enough. We are in the year 2004. Outdated and old fashioned practices are to be wiped out and Super Trin is here to see its done. End of soap box.
Big Brother ends tomorrow and as happens every year I'll miss it despite it annoying me intensely. Daniel is by far too dramatic for me. His pouting annoys me...Not because he's gay..God If a girl was like that I'd be the same. Nadia's over emotional outbursts and voice and laugh are so grating on my nerves. Jason I just hate with a passion and Shell is just dullness itself. I had to laugh at BBLB tonight because they showed us the home towns of the final four. Jason's town fans all wore thongs and shouted praise for the Scots! :vomit: . Daniel's was all blow drying and gayness, Nadias was coffee in a crappy cafe (when she gets out a free cafe latte is waiting for her 'yippee') but Shell's was like tea with the vicar. Richtea biscuits and talk of repairing the church roof. Invigorating. Her mother ended it with 'Come home soon Shell the fresh air is waiting for you'. Fuck if that's all that was waiting for me I'd seriously think about reinventing my life. Or maybe move to London!

No comments: