Sunday, August 29, 2004

HellBoy


Guillermo del Toro director of the new film 'Hellboy' signing books at the Forbidden Planet (best shop in the world) London. He also directed Mimic and Blade II. I queued up in a back street for 1/2 hour with about 40 men and 2 other women. plus some rather annoying little London street kids (who should have been out cleaning chimneys) When my turn came he was charming. Asked where I came from, shook my hand. I asked if I could take a picture and he agreed. I took two. This one I said was a bit sullen...he said 'take another and I'll smile. It might not be sincere but it will be compelling' (also slightly fuzzy so I'm showing you this one) we also had a discussion that lots of people mistake him for Michael Moore. Then he shook my hand and thanked me for coming. Lush man. I went over to the till to pay for the book, behind was a huge display with Hellboy costumes. Some Asian guy asked me if Michael Moore was over there...and I laughed! On the way back to the hotel I got completely lost and walked for miles.
Posted by Hello

No comments: