Sunday, August 01, 2004

MoonLight


3am. I woke up with a start. The cats were snuggled up besides me and stirred, stretching and yawning. I felt sick and ran to the bathroom, nothing unusual though. But made me thirsty. Creeping down the stairs so not to wake Abby I grabbed a glass and downed a huge glass of cold water. The cats wanted out. I undid the bolt and Taylor scampered out. Kizzy went to run then stopped and stood by my legs, she was looking up at the moon. My eyes looked up too. It was beautiful. I haven't seen a full moon in ages. The night was clear and milky moonlight bathed the gardens backing on to mine, Everything was deadly quiet. Unusual for this estate, at any time of the day or night there's something going on. The night air was warm and there was no wind at all. Kizzy sniffed the night air carefully and finally stepped out with caution, finally catching some desired scent and padding off silently to stalk and catch some unsuspecting prey out there. I shivered and shut the door. Returned to bed and slept like a baby until midday. Posted by Hello

No comments: