Thursday, August 19, 2004

DodgeBall Yeah!

I once again had free Tix to see Dodgeball tonight. If you go see nothing else you HAVE to see it. I laughed until tears came and I was almost out of breath. An unpretentious, plain funny film that's played for laughs.... Root for the good guys. Listen carefully for the gags because they are fired at you full blast faster than those balls. A fabulous use of cameo big stars. Ace music. Ben Stiller totally OTT but he didn't matter (I love him anyways) Vince Vaughn was the real star in his quiet but ultra funny way. I loved seeing Chuck Norris and the Ever fab William Shatner. But it was really 96 minutes of sheer fun with I'd say only maybe 10 minutes when I wasn't laughing. Brilliant.
I also have to remention The Village because maybe I didn't do it enough justice. I really was impressed by the gorgeous cinematography and the music...Wow the music was all consuming and kept you right on the very edge of your seat.
Well a fairly uneventful cinema visit for once....The only thing that did happen was the cinema lights came UP when the film started and went out when it ended. Interesting! There's a very nice manager at Cineworld though. Nice suit. You know I love a man in a suit. I may have to complain a few times to get a fix.
xxx

No comments: