Monday, December 20, 2004

Work!!!

I arrived at work this morning to find 5 nurses had gone sick. The place is full of bugs. It's understandable that the people who care for the sicky ones get sick!
But it meant that the girl I was working with had to help on other wards and I was left alone.
I loved it....But boy I worked hard. I saw 14 patients on my own, then about 5pm we went quiet and I did tons of paperwork, restocking, ordered pharmacy. Ordered the weeks worth of notes, phoned results to people, Cleaned and tidied. I was a woman possessed. But I was pleased with myself because hopefully the rest of the week will run smoothly now. Plus it's Christmas week and no-one wants hassle.
Every child that has something done like bloods or an x-ray gets a special gift this week. That's the bit I love. Seeing their little faces all excited and happy. It's tough caring for kids sometimes, when you have to do nasty stuff to them. But do you know what? I'm so lucky. I have such a lovely job. Looking after kids. Making them better.
If any of you have to have bloods taken tomorrow or a jab. Remember the two little one year old babies who I took blood from today...They smiled all the way through it. A few bubbles and a song from a crazy woman who loves her job.

No comments: