Sunday, December 12, 2004

Why we Blog

"Bloggers are driven to document their lives, provide commentary and opinions, express deeply felt emotions, articulate ideas through writing, and form and maintain community forums".

"Why We Blog"


I wonder if our children will become more rounded and expressive people because of the ability to blog? Taking a quick look at the blogging community today its full of angsty teenagers laying out their lives, hopes, fears and anxieties online (amongst a huge array of others writing about every topic imaginable)
When I was ill I kept a book, I used to write down everything I felt and things I couldn't tell anyone else. It helped but it wasn't entirely satisfactory because no-one but me saw it. I needed to air my soul to someone. It couldn't be someone who knew me because I knew my thoughts were irrational and I didn't want to cause more harm.
Now I'd blog. An anonymous one and you know what? I know someone out there would identify with me and I wouldn't feel that awful sense of being alone and no one understanding that I felt.
Blogging is taking over our lives. I've made friends, through the blogs. People have written to me and helped me. I've had fun reading stuff and felt sad and written to others.
Given and received advice. Suddenly this world doesn't seem so huge anymore. I'm sad that I'm not living through a period in time when there are no wars and borders. I feel sure that time will come. Blogging helps us understand and accept each other. Think about others feelings and views. I've learnt loads from reading blogs.

Our blogs are important. I even found a page where you can have your blog turned into a book. A little extreme. Wonder which blog will be made into the first film of it's kind. If it's mine I'd like Liv Tyler to play me but it's more likely to be Matt Lucas I fear (ye I know). I find myself talking like his wheelchair bound character of Andy all the time....Help!!!

(Incidently I just used bloggers spell check and it didn't know the words Blog, Blogger, Blogs,or blogging. FFS)

No comments: