Saturday, December 11, 2004

A series of Trin Mishaps

In a flurry of impulsiveness today we stopped at a hairdressers and begged them to cut Abby's fringe....I'm not sure she'd seen the world for a good 6 weeks now. Luckily the kindly women took pity on me and chopped her bangs off to a more suitable level. Unfortunately though on the way out a failed to spot a low level coffee table and fell over it. I jumped up laughing...But I hurt myself. My hip hurts now and I got a bit of a limp.
I got in the car and drove home....a few minutes into the journey I spotted a car pulling out right in front of me. I was doing about 25, judged it thought ok no problem and didn't brake but what I failed to note was the huge orange truck thing that had pulled out behind the car. The sun was in my eyes. He just pulled out regardless and made no effort to avoid any collision. Abby suddenly yelled Mum and I immediately put on the brakes. There was a screech of tyres and brakes and a smell of burning and we narrowly missed him. I never had my seat belt on either.
Then we got home and nearly lost the kitten in the road, I picked her up and was reprimanding her when she jumped up and pulled down a trimming from the ceiling, then the phone rang. My mum to say Danz was really unwell and could I go get her.
Driving down the A38 I kept getting cars pull in front of me or across me. I became really nervous and unsure of myself. Seemed they were all out to get me. Even Abby said...You're worried now aren't you mum!
Poor Danz had the bug that half of Bristol has got. My mum was nearly crying when I picked her up and Danz burst into tears. I had to smile inwardly though. When my kids are ill they want me. As a kids nurse I guess I must exude confidence and they feel safe with me. She's in bed now...Watching the tres terrible X-Factor. Be glad when that bunch of tripe is well and truly over and they can sink into obscurity like the salacious Michelle McManus, (wonder what salacious means? I just like the word)

1 comment:

Jude said...

Salacious means you love her and want to marry her.