Thursday, December 30, 2004

Trin's Fav's 2004

The end of another year. I was thinking today about all the stuff that I've liked this year. 2004 was a great year for music. I fell in love with Snow Patrol and Keane. Bought loads of albums new and old stuff. My favourite songs of 2004 are in no particular order
Keane. Bedshaped. Just love his voice and the piano on this one.
"I know you think I'm holding you down
And I've fallen by the wayside now
And I don't understand the same things as you
But I do "

(Makes me feel enlightened)

Snow Patrol. Run. The first time I heard this track I was hooked. I had to find out who it was. Bought the album and loved it.
"Light up, light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear"



Pete Doherty and Wolfman. For Lovers. Absolutely beautiful track which shows off Pete's amazing vocal talents. But Pete makes me sad. He needs help but needs to accept that he wants it and stop messing around otherwise I fear for his mortality.
"I'm running away with you
From yesterday's news
Let's leave it all behind
Help me back to my mind
I've paid the penalty
You're the jailer rattling the key
But the key is mine
I keep a spare one every time..."


(A night track one to play with the lights down and a clear mind.)

Ash. Orpheus. This track makes me feel free. Open road. Ash rock and rock hard.
"It hit me without warning
I was left out on my own
The sad times they were forming
I went through them alone

A new day it is dawning
I feel the pain is gone
The open road is calling
And I am moving on

I need the sunshine in the morning
I'm heading for the open road
Sunshine in the morning
Lord you gotta let it go"


(Rock!!)

Scissor Sister's. Mary. From the very first bar I was hooked on this track. This guy has the most fabulous voice for slow, fast, every kind of music. I'd love to see them live.
"Cause I'd give everything I have
Forget all the things that bring me joy
If you could have one day
Pure and simple happiness
Until that moment comes
I'll be here where I've always been
I'm gonna be your friend
Until the day I die"


(To have such a friend, to be so loved. Beautiful.)

Usher. Yeah. You might be surprised at this choice seeing I'm not a dance music RnB lover. But every type of music is good and this track is sheer happiness. Positive with a rocking bass beat. Only to be played Very Loud.
"My outfit's ridiculous, In the club lookin' so conspicuous.
And WOW! These women all on the prowl, If ya hold the head steady I'm a milk the cow.
And forget about the game I'm spit the truth, I won't stop til I get em in their birthday suits.
So gimmie the rhythm and it'll be off with their clothes, So bend over to the front and touch your toes.
I left the Jag and I took the Rolls, If they ain't cuttin' then I put em on foot patrol.
OWWW!"


(Pure sex! :P )

The Streets. Fit but you know it. He makes me laugh. I love his lyrics and the way he talks and the way he moves. This track is my ringtone on my cell phone.
"I'm not trying to pull you
Even though I would like to
I think you are really fit
You're fit But my gosh don't you know it"


(I love good looking men.)

Ok that's the music. I think my favourite time of the year was when Clarrie came to visit me. I had all three of my best friends here at one time then. It was so cool. She's so wonderful. I hope to see more of her next year. I also really enjoyed my time in August in London particularly the morning I took Abby and Danika on the London Eye and Thames. They were so happy and I really had a great morning. The afternoon was absolute shite but all my own fault as per normal.
I also quite liked going to Witchfest in Cardiff. It was a bit different! But I met some really friendly people and got to meet Myky and Skintrade who were superb.

And lastly my favourite film.... Has to be Kill Bill 1&2. Tarantino is a God.


No comments: