Saturday, December 18, 2004


Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events . I took Danielle to see this tonight, a horrid rainy cold December night. What can I say about this perfect Gem of a movie. I have no critism at all. I was rather surprised to read a few reviews that weren't glowing, but I think there are a lot of people who really detest Jin Carrey and frankly I do understand. But in this movie he was great. Villinous and callous but, rather over the top and funny at times. The comedy was in his overacting, and I found myself the obly one laughing at parts (is this good me wonders?) I found some of the humour so subtle and understated that Danielle simply didn't get it. Lots of American terms like Realtor that she didn't get at all though. The true joy was the Children Violet, Klaus and Sunny. The inventor, the reader and the biter. Violet was extremely beautifully visual with a certain air of sadness to her, Klaus seemed slightly too modern for the story but was still a fine little actor and le piece de resistence was the baby played by adorable twin girls. She was so adorable, funny and cute. She stole every scene she was in. I loved the film. One review said it had no suspence...absolute rubbish. I was damn well scared at one point and wanted a pillow to hide behind. This will become a classic.
 Posted by Hello

No comments: