Sunday, December 19, 2004

Christmas Carols

I went to cult tonight to their carol service. I could have gone to the one at my local church but... Well Colette said to come along and see people.
It was ok. They always do something rather different. We had to be the crowd in Bethlehem, we went from room to room, signing in at the Inn. Watching the shepherds and going to the stable where a disgruntled Hollie starring as the beautiful Virgin Mary was trying to fend off kisses from Joseph. I don't remember Joe kissing Mary in the bible.
Trouble is I guess when Christmas is involved I'm a traditional bitch. I like Carols, with candlelight and hush. I like to be moved by the words in the carols.
Abby too wanted to sing carols (yes she came with me!) probably to confess her sins. She finally rang me at 3am to say she was ok. It was snowing then she said.
On the way home from school I saw a bill board poster for Blade Trinity. I said I want to see that. 'Seen it' remarked Abby. 'When?' I said. 'umm oh during Maths last week' she muttered. 'A pirate copy? Who brought it in' I asked. Thinking one of the unruly kids in her class. 'Oh the teacher' She said.
Great.

No comments: