Thursday, December 23, 2004

Bah Humbug

I'm sad today. I finished work, today was hellish. Lots and lots of patients and work. Both me and my colleague were weary and had run out of patience. The clinic was awful. They sent a locum doctor to run it who spoke OK English but with such a heavy accent he was hard to understand.It all went ok though.
Then we were meant to reopen for other cases at 11.30 but typically they started crowding in at 10.45 which meant we had no time to catch up with anything.
I'm glad it's all finished now...I have 5 days off over Christmas. Everyone kept asking what I was doing. Last night the kids were complaining that Christmas isn't the same as years ago. No-one visits us, we don't invite people round. I thought I'll invite someone around for dinner or something...But I can't think of anyone. Problem is I'm such a fickle cow that by the time Monday or Tuesday came round I might not be in the mood to do it.
I had to go into town after work to pick up the holiday tickets. Town was crowded with families. Screaming kids all hyper and excited. I was going to have a little look around but changed my mind at the sight of everyone. I actually felt nervous and anxious.
In the travel agents I was dealt with my a young girl. She checked through the tickets and passes with me, gave me the complimentary kids bags and books. I flicked through it all but couldn't find anything to do with the car parking we'd paid for.
Oh she said helpfully... Umm just show the car park people the receipt we gave you when you first booked.
I wasn't very impressed....There weren't any directions or instructions or anything.
I'm not really happy, I told her, can't you ask one of the other members of staff? She told me she didn't usually work there and proceeded to look through my booking on the PC to see if she could find out anything. After about 15 minutes I got more vocal and raised my voice slightly, saying I wasn't impressed and happy.
Another girl looked up and ask if there was a problem. I told her and immediately she said....Haven't you given the car parking voucher?
Feck I told the silly bitch to ask someone but she ignored me. I hate thick people. At least my insisting saved me having to go there again to collect the damn voucher.
Anyways home safe now. Tired and a bit flat but home at least.



No comments: