Sunday, December 19, 2004

Mad Sunday

I read last week that the highest day for car accidents is December 15th. More car accidents happened on that day last year than for the whole of January.
Well... We woke up today in Bristol to snow. Only a smattering really but there was snow.
There's madness on these roads this morning. People driving excruciatingly slow and not really watching what they're doing. Fussing with the heaters and wind screen wipers.
One woman pulled out in front of me with a wind screen full of snow. Drove a few yards, kept putting the brakes on sharply (supposedly to shift the snow) then had to stop because she couldn't see and caused traffic chaos around her. Stupid bitch.
We headed off to the gym. Yay, I'm back gymming it. I did 12 lengths...Ok not brill but better than nothing. Had a lovely sauna and jacuzzi and feel great. The gym was deadly quiet. On the way out I bought the girls new goggles for their stockings.
Then I drove to the shops to buy something for dinner... yuck I have to cook. Thought I'd excel myself and do a roast today. I got a chicken in a bag. I have to shove it in oven for 75 minutes. Cook in the bag Veg. Plus frozen mini roast potatoes. Lovely. Who says I can't cook!
Anyways I'm going to have a quiet afternoon then I got a carol service at Cult tonight....hehe they do the most wonderful mulled wine. Can't wait.

No comments: