Thursday, January 27, 2005

Thursday Thirst

Today was hectic. The traffic was awful but all around Bristol have sprung up hundreds of temporary traffic lights causing much chaos and mayhem. Monday morning about 5 sets stopped working and listening to the traffic report it sounded horrific.
Work today didn't stop once. One after another they trotted in...Sometimes two at a time. It was like bloody Noah's Ark.
It was fun though. I helped take blood from a very sweet 10 year old lad. I was holding his arm and said to the doctor. 'Have you got a woolly ball?' Meaning a cotton wool ball.
The young lad let out a loud chuckle and couldn't stop laughing. The doctor gave me a quizzical look and I collapsed laughing too.
I expect I'll get into trouble for that innocent remark!
I had a set to with Abby this morning because she wanted to take MY Ipod to school. I don't think so somehow. She is working so hard rehearsing for her play. 'The first House on the Right' 7th 8th and 9th February. She's there every night till about 6pm. I just booked for her to Audition for
The National Youth Music Theatre Organisation. The audition costs £16 and is like a fun workshop. Doesn't matter if she isn't accepted, the audition will be good for her morale and confidence.
If she is accepted however...Eeek She has to attend a weeks residential somewhere and it will cost about £300. We will cross that bridge when we get to it.

No comments: