Saturday, January 29, 2005

Music

I'm going to sleep in a while. I'm starting to get pensive and I recognise the signs of an attack of self pity and loneliness. FFS! I get on my own nerves at times.
I'm playing music. TV is crap. I could watch Dodgeball because it came from Play.com today but I don't want a Ben Stiller overdose.
Right from very early music has played a huge part of my life. If I had to lose a sense I would want to keep hearing at all costs. I haven't got much music on this PC anymore. Just a few tracks I couldn't bear to delete. I associate times in my life and people in my life with songs. Not everybody gets a song though. A guy I had a lot to do with this year doesn't have a song. I guess I know why though.
When I was a teen there was a boy called Kevin who I always think about if I hear Santana 'She's Not There'
Some music like this one that's on now, Joe Jackson 'Different for girls'. I can't quite place but it gives me a warm and slightly sad feeling. Prob because the time is long gone.
Lots of men in my life have a song. Some have more than one. Some have a very strong one that at times I couldn't listen to.
Interestingly though that Ian (my ex husband) never had a song. Music didn't play a big part in our marriage. At the end I'd play music loud to blot out everything.
I'm a bit of a music snob. I like to know what people listen to. If it's what I consider trash, I'm immediately bored. What a cow! Just because you like Jamie Cullum doesn't mean you should be written off. (eh Claire lol)
But Stalkers great love of Acker Bilk was a huge no no.
Eye candy and talented RazorlightNow I'm a big music sponge. I want to hear new stuff. I want to learn and appreciate. The kids of today's music is so passioned and great. When I woke up last night from the sofa, Razorlight were on TV. They're captivating particularly the rather handsome lead singer Johnny.
The Beatles are playing., 'Fool on the Hill' and with that track I say goodnight to you all. Sleep well mates.
xxx


No comments: