Saturday, January 15, 2005

Saturday

Not feeling so great today. Dunno why really but I think this week I've HAD to do stuff every day. That's stopped me from thinking or being down. But it's all been a strain and today I'm tired.
It's as if my mind gets tired from concentrating so hard at being normal. Sound crazy? Well hey, that's what living as Trin is all about.
I'm reading The Illustrated Mum. I saw the TV series of it last week and it made for uncomfortable viewing. The mum, Marigold, is Bi-Polar and needs help. But her kids love her to bits and don't want to ask for help in case she's put in hospital and them taken away. But their lives are very difficult. She's obsessed with a man called Micky and obsessed with getting tattoos. Both my girls have read it. There's quite a few similarities between our lives and the book, though Marigold is very manic and these days I seem to be mostly depressed.
I'm still quite ashamed and tainted by the fact that I can't cope like everyone else does. I need to take pills and have times when I'm downright irrational. But I've come an awful long way.
Anyways my friend says Normal is dull.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Why on earth do you think you are the only one struggling to 'cope' with everyday life? You are doing a much better job than many supposedly 'normal' people. And the vast majority out there are struggle to contain their insecurities.

You're doing amazingly.

Trinity said...

I think no man is an island and unfortunately we value the views of others far more than we should. I don't cope well in chaos. It has to be ordered or else. Abby rebels by keeping her room like a hell pit. Danz is very tidy, striving for praise no doubt. I think really if they see your flat and dont accept you for the way you are stuff them (ha easier said than done)