Friday, January 21, 2005

All Work No Play well not much

The Girls from work are all going out tonight. I said I might go but after last night...Well I felt a bit worried about leaving the girls alone until late evening.
Long shifts are so tiring though. Not just physically. I have to say though that the evening bit was ace. Our registrar Doctor had to pick up her baby from Staff Nursery at 6pm and her husband couldn't come collect her till 7.30. I volunteered to look after her. She's 11 months. She is absolutely beautiful.... Truly but she was tired grouchy and just wanted her mummy not me!
For 20 minutes she yelled and screamed. Then I sat down with her cuddled her in and started singing.
We had wheels on the Bus (bet that was Steve's fav song), Twinkle Twinkle, Baa Baa Black Sheep. Then I began panicking.....What next?
So began my repertoire of Spice Girl songs, the National Anthem and followed by a truly inspired version of Bohemian Rhapsody...and I did all the harmonies. As Beelzebub had a devil put aside for me, she fell asleep.
I should have been on the stage.

No comments: