Sunday, January 23, 2005

Sunday Chart Chat

BBC - Radio 1 - The Official Top 40 Singles Chart

Who the Feck keeps buying Elvis Presley records? It's either the very old or the young because tbh I feel the download chart is a truer picture of music today, and Elvis doesn't even enter that one. Elvis? Fuck I hate him. The Charts have a few gems in them this week though. I saw Athlete play when they were very new, in The Fleece in Bristol, and they are excellent. I really like 'Wires'. They have such a distinctive sound all of their very own. Feeder are old favs of mine. I think Grant is hot hot.
Of course I loved the Killers first time round. Popkitten was onto that one right from the start. Green day, Scissor Sisters and Kasabian are in in there doing their bit for good music. And how I love to see the totally Crap Steve Broccoli drop from 4 to 12. Ouch that has to have hurt.
The download charts would be better without Kylie in there most weeks. FFS 'I believe in you' is the worst song ever. Her whining voice annoys me from the very first bar.
As for the Album Chart. All I can say is Rock on. I have the top 8 and they are ace but my most fav is Thirteen Senses in at number 14. Go buy it now. You will never regret it.

No comments: