Thursday, January 20, 2005

Jeudi

I was late to work today. Bristol seemed to have a high number of traffic incidents this morning and the knock on effect was bad. I was dreading the ENT clinic....But I'd made a mistake. It was cancelled. We did have quite a few kids to get through though. Made the morning fly by. For the first time in ages I really felt focused and happy...Yes actually happy!
The last baby was a cutie. I got the doctor to see her and was eavesdropping incredulously. Her lovely mum had been advised to take her for cranio osteopathy. Now I have known some cases where the parents swear this type of thing has really helped. The doctor was less enthusiatic about it. But this poor mum seemed to be being ripped off. She had an initial visit for 45 pounds then told that unless she took further sessions her baby would have major ear and hearing problems amongst a number of other scary things. The subsequent visits were 35 quid each. She missed one this week and the guy rang her and demanded to know why she hadn't turned up and offered to do the following weeks therapy for a pound.
Our doctor is lovely, a real hands on guy with a baby of his own and he didn't need me to tell her that this therapy guy was well dodgy.
These complimentary therapy's are nice. They are meant to be a thing you can do together with your babies not be an expensive and worrying experience. Hopefully she left us better informed and able to differentiate between the legit and the dodgy.
On the way home I realised I'd run out of petrol. FFS There's only one petrol station between work and home...and I live on the other side of the city. I just about made it, but only after suffering some dopey Skoda Driver. He had this sticker in the rear window. A round sticker with a red border...Like a warning sign and a traffic speed camera pic in the middle. I have no idea what it was trying to convey...Except maybe if you speed you'll be caught? The more I looked at it the more I got angry. Plus he was driving at 20 miles per hour. I had to wait for ages until we reach the dual carriageway...Then the stupid bastard took the fast lane. I had to wait till the road bent and then slowly undertook him, trying to make it look like it was the bend that made me do it. Well Skoda, you may have reshaped your cars to look a tad more trendy but you sure can't change the caliber of your drivers.
As soon as I got home I rang Clarrie. I'd double booked a weekend. I'd arranged to have her come stay for the weekend forgetting that I was going to Cardiff with Marie. Sods law. I don't do anything then it all happens at once.
But I'm happy now because I'd made a mistake. Clarrie is coming here the weekend before Cardiff. So February looks to be pretty promising all told.


No comments: