Saturday, January 29, 2005

Saturday in Bristol

Hello
Today was a busy busy day that started with 15 lengths of the gym pool and trying to dodge the people with kids. I hate the weekend mornings there.
Then ferrying the girls to different functions. Bristol traffic at a weekend is often worse than the week days. I also get pissed off being on a schedule. I get enough of that in the week. At weekends if I want to lie in bed till three, so be it.
Dunno, been kinda irritable today. Not overtly so but I know I am. Some things have happened this last week that I'd really like someone to talk to about. But the guys I can talk to either aren't available to me or wouldn't understand.
I'm beginning to understand that the original me. The me that was 5 or 6 years ago actually hasn't changed that dramatically. I still am gregarious and out going but I've taken such a phenomenal knock to my confidence and personality that it may never return 100%
But I'm trying. And most times succeeding. I'm not sure I'll be able to afford the gym all year, but ATM it's a place I feel safe, good, able to just be me. Not be shy and the exercise makes me feel good.
Tonight we all went to see 'Meet the Fockers'. I've only read good things about this film and Radio One reviewed it today and said it was good and v funny.
Well ok. I guess I expected a lot that didn't deliver. The film tries too hard to be really funny. There were moments of comedy and I did laugh out loud. But I was bored, at the beginning and half way through. Abby asked when it was going to end as well. Robert DeNiro's character is too wooden. There's very little to warm to and his complete turn around at the end is unbelievable. Ben Stiller is beginning to annoy me. He's in everything and his paranoid character in this one is irritating. Barbra Streisand is good and wow the woman is still very beautiful. I'll let you into a secret. One of my fav films is her version of a star is Born. I just adore the soundtrack. I could sing you most of the tracks now if you care to pop over.
The saving grace is the adorable baby in it. He's cute and funny without being sickly sweet. Funniest bit was his first word. "Ass Hole". With such an expression.
The film was too long with some bits completely unnecessary like the dumb ass Police officer who arrests them. Plus the cameo by Owen Wilson as the priest. Pointless really.
But it was a night out. I'd say a good family film but there were a huge amount of sexual references and most of those sex books in Barbra's study? I got them! 'You got those books mummy', Danz remarked. Hmph.


No comments: