Friday, June 30, 2006

annoyed

talk LESS trin!I knew my cable/TV/internet/phone bill was high this month... One of those things. It was almost 180 quid... a lot bigger than normal. Well I had fun on the phone ;P
I paid it in full yesterday and was rather annoyed to get a letter from Telewest today.

Dear Ms Trinity
We feel the need to inform you of a very high usage on your account. We feel that we must place a restriction on your account.

Restrict my account? WTF? So I called them. It was a man with an accent I couldn't place. He started off by being very haughty and high and mighty. My account was way over what it normally is.
So? I said. Am I not allowed to spend a little more than normal?
He said that they were just informing me that the amount owed was higher than they like.
At this point my brain turned a shade of purple and I felt mischievous. Idiots. Who do they think they are.
I acted dumb.
"So? What you're saying is despite the fact I pay my bill in full each month, have never been in arrears and am a good customer I'm not allowed to spend extra money. My account has a high usage... So are you saying I need to cut down my usage? Maybe I should disconnect the internet? Or reduce the TV package... Or wait a minute a man from Sky called last week. He was ever so nice. Maybe I should just change to sky TV completely?"
"No no no Ms Trinity... You misunderstand me. We don't want you to cut down on your services...Just watch your usage. A suggestion is if you feel you might use more than normal phone calls in a month just give us a call and say Hi Ms Trin here, I'm thinking of using more calls than normal, just to let you know?"
(this is honestly what he said)
I'm in wonderment at how Telewest keeps customers. Thing is,if you don't pay your bill you get cut off.... So this high usage thing is crap. People need the phone/ TV/internet.
I wonder what would happen if you were shopping in Tescos and after 50 quid of shopping the till assistant said
"Stop there. You're exceeded your usage here. We won't let you spend anymore. Put that large melon back on the shelves and stand away from the coleslaw"
Feckers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How strange!
I've known businesses to worry about their profits but too worry because they may make a lot of profit?
£180 though... that is ludicrous honey. I don't mean how many calls or net or TV, I would have thought with the companies around, you could be online, on the phone and watching every channel available 24 hours a day and not have a bill that high.
uswitch.com Check it out. (I'd say talktalk and sky but these deals vary from person to person, house to house, area to area).
Look into it honey?
If I'm right, you could have every TV channel, 8mbps broadband and line rental, national and international free calls for £75 a month or less.
Promise me you'll look into it?
*hugs*