Sunday, June 11, 2006

model fun

Well how was I going to cope in a school hall all day with a bunch of anoraks and a heat wave of 30 degrees?
The morning of the Model Train exhibit arrived fine and sunny. I had to drive to Shepton which was an adventure in itself as Spring told me NOT to come off the big road, so I never and ended up in Wells. I was almost going to cry because I was so lost, when I found it.

So, lets play spot the anoraks... Well there were an odd selection of men. Very few women... Well I did note two very thin dressed up women with masses of make up and skinny trousers. I thought I'd grab a picture of a couple. This is the socks and sandals look.

What about the models? Well not my cup of tea but this is a model bus scene. Note the four buses available. Would never happen in real life.

Thought I'd take a nice picture of the jolly Spring and his super busy store. See the real pleasure and enjoyment on his little face?

And finally. A nice shot of the hall. I have to admit it was sooo quiet there. The heat, the football... The Grand Prix (ok Dylan) but the punters off. Most of these people are exhibitors and this was taken at 2pm. You'd think it would be packed. The men were awful enthusiastic about there hobby though.
Oh well choo choo.
;)

1 comment:

clarrie said...

I feel your pain. My parents and I took O to a model railway exhibition once. Never again. (Likewise traction engine rallies).