Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday woes

It's a truly vile day here in Trinity Grounds. The rain hasn't abated once. The cats are pissy.Of course it's my fault that it's wet.
I'm stressy today. Everything is just too much. I don't feel I've been at work properly for ages. In a way that's good but it's making me nervous about going back in and getting to grips with it again. Maybe that's what I was always worried about. It's a just a job I chant to myself over and over. It's not that many hours. How pathetic am I?
I'm really glad to have Spring in my life now. He adds something... Yes, others before him have added stuff but he's mine and not going anywhere fast.... I hope. But his presence sends my carefully disheveled life down the helter skelter. But what did I do before? Sleep all day? Housework? Write this blog? Moan about being alone and unloved. Hmmm.
It was Abby's leavers assembly today. She was sad. That's it now... Move on to college. But all that has been stress and worry. Will she get the grades? I've had to organise the EMA allowance stuff. Liase and organise. I guess these are all things parents do without thinking about it.
I feel sorry for her dad really. I think he's missed out on such a lot. But there's another bit of me that's evil because he has never even asked or offered or expressed any sort of interest. It's just all left up to me. If you knew how much Spring does with and for his boy you'd understand why I'm so riled about it all right now.
The St Lucian Trip ends tonight. To be honest I've hardly seen her. It's been that busy. I hope she had fun and got something valuable from it all. The BBQ last night was cool. Dan's parents worked so very hard to make it perfect. Shame it rained at the end but hey that's England. Me and Spring did laugh at one little incident though. Overhearing a conversation between a couple of people in the garden.
"It's been great hasn't it?"
"Yeah Lovely kids... amazing though the way they speak English? It's wonderful.They speak it so well"
"I agree. They do it really well"
Hmmm. Not sure they really got the gist of the St Lucian thing..... it's not in Africa Dingbats!
The kids are away next week for a Mon to Fri holiday with my parents. Maybe the break will do me good?
We'll see.

No comments: