Sunday, June 04, 2006

sunday things

Spring came round last night. We sat in the garden all evening until it got dark. I was so shocked to see a hedgehog walk across the lawn and hide in some garden rubbish at the end of the garden. It was like we weren't in the middle of some council estate but in the country.
Spring says my blog has been a bit down this week. So I'm trying to be happier.
I am ok, more chilled really. I feel well now. I'm ok with stuff but I am a bit quiet but such a lot has happened this last 2 weeks. I guess it's adjusting to normality again.
Guess what? Spring has to man a train stall at a Model Rail exhibit at Shepton mallet next weekend and wants me to help. I'm sure my expert knowledge of all things anoraky will make me the best possible saleswoman. Hmmmm.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hope they have a bar.
Collette came round this afternoon. She's got a back eye where some patient punched her. Great Job!
She was talking about an old friend of ours whose daughter has anorexia. She saw her last week and was telling Coll all about the heartache and hard work she'd had just getting someone to understand and listen.
I felt so sorry for her, I can't stop thinking about her. She said no one seems to understand that anorexia is a mental illness. The family just think it's silly and she should just eat and stop this behaviour.
Made me realise that when this has left some distance between me and my silly head, I want to help people. Some sort of self help group. A place where people don't pretend to understand... If they don't they say so. A place where everything is accepted and there's freedom to express and be yourself. Somewhere that doesn't judge or have expectations but somewhere to empower and give you back the reins to your life.
So often... As in this girls case. Her life isn't her own anymore. Instead run by doctors and psychologists and MENTAL ILLNESS. Stigma, confusion,fear and misery.
Maybe one day I can make a difference to someone's life. Oh well,it's a goal and a worthy one I guess.
Happy Sunday all you people out there.
Love you
xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make a difference in lots of people's lives EVERY DAY Trin, you are a nurse and a mother, how can you not make a difference?????