Thursday, June 15, 2006

everyone HAS to get one!

Yesterday was Abby's 16th Birthday party and I'd been hoping for a really sunny nice day... But as luck would have it, it was overcast all day. Oh well, I could cope couldn't I?
I spent the day shopping and cleaning (I did have a debt advice appt which went well though) Abby came home from school early after her science exam.
We were having Pizza, chocolate fountain and Summer cider punch.
After the last party I was really nervous, but I needn't have been. The kids were really cool and fun and chilled. Even with alcohol (a touch) they were ace.

So here is the chocolate fountain.It was very easy to set up, smelt gorgeous and I put strawberries, marks and spencers biscuit curls, marshmallows, bananas and apple to dip in.

It was by far the most popular bit of the party. Dan rarely moved from it and threatened to dip his toes in it later in the evening...... eeek.
chocolate explosion
Ummmmm, half way through the night I refilled the chocolate tray and there was a massive chocolate explosion. This picture actually doesn't do it justice. The new chocolate slid under the screws and it slipped out. The rotating motion sprayed chocolate all around the kitchen, over the curtains, carpet and wallpaper. I was plastered.... But it wasn't the end of the world. Spring had arrived just at the right moment, and he and Dan (he'll make someone a lush husband) helped clear it up.... Really well.
And it was sooo funny.
But be careful if you refill yours ok?
BTW If you come round and find a brown stain anywhere...It's sodding chocolate....!

1 comment:

Spaceminx said...

[Homer Simpson] Mmmmmmmmm. Massive chocolate explosion. Arrrggllllll. [/Homer Simpson]