Thursday, June 08, 2006

whose opinion?

why do I feel so alone today? Maybe it's the weather. I'm ok I think. I went to the local shops. Everyone was sat around talking and laughing. There was a guy in a motorized wheelchair all dressed in red. He had England flags plastered over the thing. Someone in Iceland yelled across the shop "Who are you supporting this weekend then?" Everyone laughed.
My manager stopped me in work yesterday and asked if I was ok. She'd been concerned about me being quiet. That's a first. Quiet isn't normally associated with me.
I'm very aware that I'm hugely opinionated. Last night Spring told me he was planning to paint his Bathroom bright Orange.
I balked. I hate orange. It's an odd colour. I love red and purple and cerise but orange?
But WTF has it to do with me what colour he wants to paint his bathroom. If he loves orange then he should use orange. How stupid and opinionated of me to even remark on it?
I am opinionated, you probably can tell from this blog. But I dislike it. Why should my view be better than anyone else's?
I try not to pass judgment but I find it so hard. My neighbours have very little money... Bless them. They struggle. I hate seeing it. So last weekend she brings in this animatron Panda she got from Woolworths. It's battery operated and sucks a bottle, burps and makes noises and moves like a panda. She said she saw it, thought it cute and had to have it. It wasn't cheap either.
It was all I could do not to frown and say "Why? You don't need that. What happens if you run out of gas and electric again this month?"
Hmph.I should eat my own words shouldn't I? After all I'm hardly Miss Financially Sensible 2006.
Amusing though how after she went Abby said the exact thing I was thinking. Maybe she won't be such a crap money manager as her mother.
We aren't answering withheld calls on the phone after receiving some worrying threats from people I owe money to.
The kids father uses a withheld number. He just called me to complain bitterly that we never answer the phone. He was using his mobile.
He said he's annoyed that the kids never call him or ask to see him.
I couldn't even be bothered to react.
Get lost loser. You lost them years ago mate. Think on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Orange. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!