Monday, May 01, 2006

bank holiday fun fun fun

Cross Keys at Keyford Frome
Yesterday I went to my very first Pub Quiz.... you reckon I'm turning intellectual? It was in Frome in this pub.
The Cross Keys. There were 5 rounds. Food and drink, Film, General Knowledge and The 80's. Then a table round of which songs were bands first number ones.
We came second. I think I was no help at all. However one question was which car manufacturer makes the Baleno. Now seeing I drove one into the car park, that was easy.
One bone of contention was which actor links Driving Miss Daisy and War of The Worlds. We put Morgan Freeman... (my suggestion) then couldn't actually think what part he played in WORW so changed it to Tim Robbins.
The answer was Morgan Freeman. I got home and checked the DVD but he isn't listed in WORW's at all. Hmmm think they may have got that wrong. Seeing we were only one point behind the monied winners that was annoying.
The pub was brilliant though, a family run place with a cute 3 year old living there. He took a shine to Wulf (my guy's son) and spent the whole night talking to him, at one point we turned round and he was sat on Wulf's head. His mum came over and told him to stop. He said he'd sat on wulfs head because he was thirsty. Seems reasonable to me. He had a Liverpool top on. "So you support Liverpool" I asked. He looked confused "No rubuk" he said "Its in Scotland"
I was confused for a while then Noticed the top was Reebok. I never knew Reebok was in Scotland but I guess you learn a lot in this Pub Quizzes.
I used the ladies (I'm a laydee) before driving home. It had this Women only book in the window sill full of tasteful naked men pictures.
Damn, my kind of pub completely. Shame it's a bit far for us. My new guy seems to like me. I have to admit to liking him more everything we meet. He's so chilled and non assuming.
Anyways I got to meet Wulf and Danz got to meet them. Abby of course, didn't move off the sofa as 'Supernatural' was on TV.
I'm surprised she wanted to stay in there alone. It seems we have mice. Bailey had been sat motionless by the cooker for 48 hours. I thought she might have died and rigor mortis set in but no, I think we have a small mouse hole behind there and sure the mouse was cuter than Bailey
enough a tiny sweet little mouse came in. First I knew about it was when she brought it to me as a gift. YSL was here then, I screamed and threw a pillow at her (Bailey not YSL). She then took it into the kitchen and let it go. The little thing ran around trying to escape. Then she took it into the garden and watched it run under the trampoline, that was until she got bored and let it escape. Now she spends hours crying and looking for it. She's getting more psycho every day, running round chasing non existant things. Scratching woodwork and crying..... she meows insessantly.
She's now ripping the World poster off the wall.... excuse me while I kill the cat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morgan Freeman played the part that Richard Burton took in the recording.
:-) He was the narrator.

eer. me bwuvver livs een Fwoom. Juz owtsyde aktchalee. Tween Fwoom n Barf.

Trinity said...

I droved between bath and frome last night. Maybe I passed his house? I could have waved.

Keith Horowitz said...

I checked IMDB - and found he was narrator - but I see someone else beat me to that! :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407304/fullcredits