Sunday, May 21, 2006

take me by the stone circle

I had a great weekend which ended with me transferring my germs to Spring. The illness has now changed from a Non Specific illness to a very specific man illness. Tsk!
Yesterday we went to Wiltshire and did the Rhododendron walk on the Longleat Estate. The flowers were glorious and so colourful and the walk ended up at Heavens Gate.... well known dogging area... though we didn't actually see anything like that happening yesterday

Heavens Gate is a man made stone circle set on a ledge above Longleat. Some seats set right on the edge and you can lookover the whole magnificent area. I was blown away... Actually quite literally as it was very windy. Spring and his son small spring seemed to walk at like 30 miles an hour and left me miles behind. I was a bit slow having nearly died last week with my very significant illness.The place was full of Jap tourists trying to take my picture. I had to tell them to bog off.

This is Spring in the Asba red tee-shirt I acquired for him. I felt he blended in perfectly with the red flowers. New competition! Spot where the bush ends and spring starts.

Then we dropped small spring off at the local coal mines for his nights work and ended up at the Bath Arms. A strange place under refurbishment. I expected olde wooden country pub. We got stainless steel bar with Art decor and naked ladies on wall with legs in most bizarre positions.

The Bath Arms is so known because of Lord Bath and the estate it's on. The pub is surrounded by these weird old trees. Spooky buggers. They look worse without leaves. Kind of gives the air of haunted to the place. Shame the interior doesn't keep up the image though maybe they are scared they'll get visited by Derek Acorah so it's almost understandable.

The people were friendly though and very attentitive (I do love attentitive men) I was starving having eaten nothing for 6 months. So ordered the 'ploughmans' Not sure that was the word for the plate that arrived... But it was very yummy. Spring was horrified at the 11 quid price tag for ploughmans and chips.... But he did say the chips were nice after he ate them all!

1 comment:

Jude said...

mmm pics of food mmm