Wednesday, May 10, 2006

bolts

It was such a beautiful day in Bristol today. I got off work really early and on the way home decided I'd go out with Spring tonight. He had a train meeting in Radstock and had asked me to meet him after... But I'd thought it would be too late. However the sunshine changed my mind. The kids didn't get home from school until 6.30 pm! Unbelievable. Abby has her GCSE Drama performance tomorrow morning and they were practising. Danz was watching (apparently).
I got ready to go out and the heavens opened. A massive and impressive thunder and lightening show.
I wasn't worried about driving...It's only about 15 miles but the roads are a bit more treacherous when wet.
I was glad I went though, on the way down the A37 through the small villages the lightening show was spectacular. Great forks shot right across the midnight blue sky and smaller intense jags of flashing electricity. I was in total awe of the majesty of nature tonight.
I met Spring at the train station. It looks quite eerie at night (the station not Spring... though on second thoughts...). The old stone buildings and unused railtrack.
Anyways we found a country pub called the White Post. Spring refused to order me some Nobbys nuts.
We watched the lightening show from the pub window. Perused the selection of Readers Digest Condensed books and still didn't really understand what was condensed... Why condense? Seems stupid to me. If you want the book just bloody buy it.
I got home at 11pm. Abby greeted me with "Hello Stranger"
I felt guilty. I dunno, what do I do? I've sat at home with them for years. I guess this dating is going to take a bit of getting used to.

No comments: