Sunday, May 21, 2006

wet and wild in wiltshire

always keep your convertible dry as a babies bum
Today we went to a party. Kind of odd TBH. It was Spring's ex mother in laws 70th. Now I guess that's not the kind of place you'd expect me to go. But he was invited and he didn't want to go alone. I guess I was interested to meet these people he'd talked about and his ex wife.....
We went in his car. The old wreck convertible. It seems convertibles aren't so great when it rains. And it poured down today. My window won't go up 100% and the water was taking the piss pouring in on my skirt. I tried to shove stuff up there to stop it and finally settled on an 'Always Ultra' winged pad for those heavier moments.
Worked a treat. Kept me dry and fresh all afternoon.
The party was ok actually. Food was pretty lush and posh. I had champagne and pimms. We talked about the rat infestation in the garden. Shot some garden ornaments with a pellet gun.
The lounge was full of old women talking about alien abductions. Plus Springs ex wife was a no show. Shame.
I got home. I've been worried that I've been neglecting the girls in my new found social life. However they don't seem to care tbh. Glad, they can use the laptops and watch what they want on TV.
Not sure how to feel about that... but as long as they're happy. I guess.

No comments: