Thursday, May 11, 2006

S&D

remember it's for ever...Spring and Dopey
I've just got off the phone to Spring who now informs me he's ditching Sainsburys and traveling 10 miles up the road to shop at Waitrose from now on.
Waitrose stores tend to be too small to hold fox hunt meetings and also are full to bursting of little old women with those plastic head scarfs and Peoples Friends magazines tucked under their arms. I saw one coming out of Waitrose today with a stick. Nothing odd in that except it was a stick with a wheel... The bottom of the stick had a wheelie bit. Maybe this is the new 'cool' look for the over 80's. I will not rest until I have brought my poor dear Spring one to use in his local Waitrose.
Spring said he'd been thinking about me today. He'd always wanted a woman whose name starts with the letter D.
Really? I said. Then it clicked.... He's Spring and the Somerset and Dorset Railway is know (by those in the know.... Poor sods) as the S&D.
He's thrilled that we too are S&D. Imagine my excitement at finding this outImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
He'd been looking all his life for a Dolores or Daphne or Delia or Dulcie or Doris or Doreen... Now he has me.
Yipppeee.
(Changes name to Fatima and leaves the country)

5 comments:

Steve Sainsbury said...

Trin love - you sure the 'little old lady with a wheelie stick' wasn't actually a tranny surveyor measuring for a new Carphone Warehouse?

I'll have you know that Waitrose is used EXCLUSIVELY by super-cool rail enthusiast DJ academics that are dripping in bling, batik and bitches and appreciate Waitrose's co-operative structure, ethical purchasing and smoothies, and little old ladies - with or without wheels - are publicly executed at the fish counter whenever they dare set foot or wheel in the place. Oh, and the same happens to chavs .... and tories.

Jude said...

D for dump him. Asda is cool.

Steve Sainsbury said...

Oooo, that Jude's just JEALOUS Trin. Don't listen to her - either about me or Asda!

Steve Sainsbury said...

I do grow my own but I leave them for the birds to eat. When I can get a stupid tree to grow a brie and grape sandwich and a smoothie I'll be the first to boycott Waitrose.

It's disillusioned by the way.

Trinity said...

what's disillusioned?

Birds don't eat train track and that's all you have in your garden Mr Spring.