Wednesday, July 19, 2006

remaining toothless

Portishead by the sea... sort of.
The unglorious Portishead sea front. A coastline best ignored
I had longed for this day for 12 weeks now. I know that vanity doesn't become a lady such as oneself ;) but a front tooth missing is pretty major in my life. Spring has never even seen me with a full set of teeth. Crikey the shock might kill him!
So this morning I get up bright and early and head off to the dentist. I was promised a new tooth and a polish thing they do to remove stains and a beautiful smile.
Unfortunately my luck wasn't with me today and almost as soon as the dentist removed the tooth and plate from the bag her face dropped.
She started to tell me to give it a try but if I hated it she had this other procedure in mind that avoided the inconvenient plate.
She put it in and it fell straight back out again. But the mere few seconds it was in there I was shocked. It took up the whole of the roof of my mouth from one side to the other. It was so thick it made me gag. There is no way I could eat with it in there. All that for one tiny little tooth?
She tried to cut it down a bit but it was no good and she's rebooked me in tomorrow for a further impression for some Maryland Bridge procedure. No idea what that is but it has to be better than that horrid thing.
Spring with half of the co-op snack section eats his lunch in the Portishead sunshine
It's been unbearably hot today in a bad way. I decided to take Spring to Portishead to the open air pool, we had a detour to take pain Abby to the orthodontist and I took Spring to my fav record store. Then we drove all the way out there, unfortunately the world and his wife had the same idea and the queue to get in snaked back so far that we headed back home and ended up in the Gym pool. That was ok but they have a aqua aerobics class once a week in the pool and today was that day! So far so lucky... not!
The pool was heaving with wet women bouncing up and down with long foam snakes between their legs.
The lane for dedicated good swimmers only was packed with all the other plebs who didn't want to splash dance to Le Chic C'est Freak and feel their pelvis slip in the swell.
Spring did three lengths but it damn near killed him. But not as near death an experience was an extremely large lady trying to dive on his head. Never seen him move so fast.
Anyway he's thinking of joining for a month to see if he likes it. Spring and Trin get fit. Another chapter for my memoirs.
After the pool we headed to Woolworths which was fun as Spring only had the shorts on he wore in the pool. His little wet bum followed me round Woolies and carried my shopping to the car. Bless.
I'm disappointed about the tooth but I guess I can wait another week or so.
I'm more worried about my present apathy towards Big Brother. I didn't watch the highlights show last night. It was dull. I never thought I’d write that!
Watch this space.
Bailey wants the sun turned off
My poor cats have suffered today. Bailey has done nothing but cry and cry all day.
All that fur coat and no knickers.
Someone turn that dratted sun off!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shame about the tooth but from the photo it looks like Springs car has evolved ;-)
You may need another dentist visit but at least you weren't stuck with that thing they created eh?
:-)
All things come to she who waits.