Friday, July 14, 2006

friday thinking


"I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
Ain't it sad
And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
That's too bad
In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy man (hey Spring!!)
I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball..."

Abba (1976)



Well, the wheels move towards me sorting out my debt problems. I've had to change banks... And I found it very stressful. I'm now with Nationwide. Thursday I got up early and trundled into town to open an account. I arrived, there were 2 cashiers on and no one at the front desk.
I told one of them I wanted to open an account and was told that you have to make an appointment to open accounts. Great. I'm on a tight schedule and need it done by next Friday or I'll be in all sorts of trouble.
Luckily the semi intelligent Trin manages to fill out the forms herself and later on I called the bank and they gave me an account number.
So far so good. Then I have to inform all these government services so they can pay the money into said new account.
FFS, why don't they all interlink and do stuff the same way. The DLA refused to do it on the phone. I have to wait a week for a form to arrive. Child benefit had to be done online (hope their system is efficient) and tax credits was a quick phone call "No prob Ms Trinity"
Changing my bank account at work was a nightmare. I had to drive 10 miles to the other hospital. Park up and find payroll in the maze of wards and departments. I did it though and I'm feeling calmer.
On the way back I drove through Briz. I still get this intense sadness driving through the land of my marital home. I find myself looking at people walking by in case I know them of old.
The ex called last night to ask for a phone number of someone (from Briz) who hasn't spoke to me since our marriage broke up. She was my best friend at the time but she dumped me subtly.
I was furious with him. He was the one who used to go round there to illicit sympathy for him and hatred for me. Bastard.
Somehow this is a nicer area though. It's council and rough but not pretentious or pushy.
I dunno though, my neighbour... Whose on the social security has brought a 13 foot trampoline. Far bigger than ours... And ordered a computer and white leather chair from some mail order thing. She's also brought a 300 quid dog, rabbit and thinking of getting a parrot. Am I doing something wrong? I can't afford to feed the cat Whiskas. The girls had a treat this week, a new nightdress from Peacocks. I only ever shop in Iceland or rarely Asda.
Funny old world.
Me and Spring finally managed to book something for a weekend away. Hope we can afford it though. 2 nights bed and breakfast in Exmoor looks ok. Lots of good walks and views of the cliffs etc. I think I'll need it by then. Fully dressed holidays! :)
I'm so much better lately. Sometimes I get really stressed and think "What's going on?" then I remember the times when I was ill and think about how far I've come back to normality. Sometimes I think there really never was anything wrong with me anyways... It seems so far away now.
Bloody white leather chair...pah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »