Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Littlehampton


Saturday we got up early to go to Littlehampton on the south coast to see Springs parents, Mr and Mrs Spring senior. The traffic was pretty awful at some points and it was sooo hot. Too hot really. Why do we always complain about the heat? I like it sunny but this over hot weather really makes me pissy as heck.
Spring won't wear a hat or sunglasses or shorts or anything cool. His head burnt and he looked like a huge radioactive tomato. Bless. We drove past Stonehenge which had lots of visitors.

Spring and small spring in the heat. Both of them in long trousers and thick tee shirts... No hat... tsk tsk. The nurse on me says firmly. No wonder they were both hot. The beach front was really lovely. It's been ages since I went to the sea side .. The REAL sea side not just Weston Super Mare. I wanted to stay on the front and take in the atmosphere. But a family visiting we went for and that's what we did.

This is the river that goes along the side of the beach. It had lots of ships and boats on it and was fast running. This was my favourite bit.

We visited Springs Mummy and Daddy. Springs dad was handsome and looked far younger than Spring. He gave me beer and told me about Spring when he was a boy. All those many years ago.
Then we went to see Granny. Granny lives with Aunty Sonia. She was an England fan (ha sucker) she was dressed all in red and white and had an England tee shirt on. She was about 70. She was also not best pleased to see us and scowled. "You better not get in front of David Beckhams free kicks" luckily at that moment he got sent off with a splinter in his groin region.
"Rooney is my fav one" She consoled herself as he got a red card for saying something naughty like "Portugal is vile".
Damn shame.
We left to do the final house. Springs sister Esme. She was cool. She had Smirnoff Ice and decking. She watched Dr Who and had a son of 16 who I had a lengthily conversation about Big Brother. He was my favourite.
Anyways it was an interesting day. A bit too hot, but Spring says he'll take me there again. Just me and him next time and he'll show me a good time on the dodgems. I can't wait.
The girls are gone away for a few days with my mum. Sandy Balls somewhere in England. Abby has taken her DVD player. God knows how she'll cope without the laptop.
Spring is taking me away on our own for two nights. He has threatened me with a nudist colony. If it is there will be no photos and I may not leave the room. Oh well it's an adventure. (help........)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Studland? That's crap that is"! Us REAL perves go to Fairlight Cove near Hastings.