Thursday, July 27, 2006

head doctors

Go away heat!!!

Anyways. Yippeeee today I actually have my new tooth in. It fits and it's fixed and I can smile again... Only took 4 months but what the heck!
I can't seem to chew properly but I guess I'll get used to it. Might make the weekend cheaper if I can't eat!
I had a rather odd appointment with Abby's Psychologist. He's called Adrien and an odd short little fellow with a partial beard and complete absence of any humour.
He's one of these psychological people who ask an obscure question then don't say a word for 15 minutes whilst you squirm and try to fill in the long empty minutes with anything and make yourself seem a total crazy fool in the process.
"How did you feel when you found out we wanted to increase Abby's sessions" he droned in one tone.
"Great because it gets her out of the house and I can vacuum under the sofa" I laughed.
Ummm no, wrong answer Ms Trinity.
I squirmed and ummed and ahhed my way out of it for 10 minutes and then a 5 minute silence with the noise of the table top fan whirling.... Then "Can you explain in more detail how you exactly felt?"
Grrrr
We had to leave 20 minutes early to get to the dentist At 2.30 he said
"You have to leave now"
"I'm so sorry" I spluttered "You know how precious NHS dental appointments are"
"If you have to leave you have to go" He sounded disapproving. Probably thinks I'm a bad mother... Who puts her teeth before her daughter? (well I need to bite her with something!)
Bloody hell I left there a nervous wreck.

No comments: