Wednesday, July 26, 2006

catch up

I woke up yesterday to the radio news telling us all that all these houses that put St George flags up for the football were infact breaking a very old law and they could have been arrested. They'd have had fun up here, everyone (seemingly) except us had at least 6 up. Flags have to be erected properly with a flag pole. Tony Blair is looking into scrapping the law apparently..... that man should concentrate on getting out of Bush's pants as far as I'm concerned. Come on Tony form an escape route.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWork was hot. We had one small table fan pracically doing nothing to ease the discomfort. It must be hot as I wore a dress. Gone were the trousers and tunics and on with the proper nurses uniform. I thought I looked like a big barrel but they all said I looked nice. Hmmm least I got some fresh air round me legs and various other bits ;P
I was told that we'd had several complaints of people waiting a significant length of time to be seen. Was I surprised? Umm no. I think this has been the worst set of doctors ever for getting on with stuff. Unable to move out of second gear for anything very much. Kind of villified me really with all my earlier problems with them.
I came home and went to the gym. I needed the pool and a 1/2 hour of exercise to chill me.
In the changing rooms were the usual afternoon brigade. All over 60. All smelling of perfume and hair spray and bright red lippy.
"Joshy loved the BBQ on Sunday he kept coming back for more and more food. It was so lovely. A bit hot for him really though. I kept telling him to go sit in the shade but he ignored me"
"Yes my Alfie likes a BBQ" her friend continued "but he prefers a fondue night. He likes all the bits that go with it"
"Joshy got so excited when I said we were going on on Sunday night. His eyes lit up and I could tell he wanted to come" (what are they talking about? Their husbands? Son's, Grandsons?) "But in the end I had to say... go lie on your blanket sweetie. Mummy can't take you all the time"
Ahhhh bloody DOGS!
I dried quickly and left. These women go a little mentally fragile after exercising in the jacuzzi!
Spring came over and we went to a pub quiz in Clutton.
We didn't win. The woman doing the questions dressed in white see through dress and white thong was so slow. In the heat we practically fell asleep in between questions. There was a whole current news round and we got 5 out of 10 wrong. Think we need to read the papers more.
The final question was which all girl group joined Motorhead in the Valentines Day CD.
He wrote Banarama...... it was Girls School. I'd kind of heard of them.
We had a slight upset because his ex wife is being terminally awkward and bullish about child care and stuff. He was stressed about it all.
I guess there's no point getting stressed as it won't change anything but I did get a bit cross. Ah well. It will all come out in the wash in the end.
I thought it would thunder last night. I was disapointed, not a sausage just that damn cat crying all night. She's gone loonier than normal with the heat.
If it carries on much longer I might join her.

No comments: