Saturday, July 15, 2006

cabaret curious


Abby was in another show today. 2pm at the City Museum. I thought it rather an odd venue TBH. It started at two and I was late. For some strange reason the city traffic was abysmal. As 2 pm approached I got more and more panicky at walking in late.
Silly cow I am. It wasn't a play rather an event. The city museum is full of pictures and artifacts... Some well know to us Bristolians like Alfred the stuffed Gorilla.
The kids from Acta has picked a particular picture or statue or show piece and did a short performance about it. Abby and her group choose a picture by Henry Lamb dated 1921 called "A Bristol Committee". A rather drab sedate piece. They did a short humorous sketch and dressed up as the men in the painting.
Other kids did sketches about Victorian ladies, disco dancing Mummies and someone dressed up as dear old Alfred the gorilla... He 'escaped' from his glass cage and had 'Alfred's Grand Day Out'
Afterwards they had a tea dance. It was a really nice afternoon. A little bit different and everyone really enjoyed it.
I'd forgotten how good the museum is.

On the way home I got some massage base oil from a Park Street shop. Sweet Almond Oil. Springs a bit stressed and I'm going to destress him tonight if it kills me!!
Abby and her gang interpret a famous painting!We're having Tacos for tea. The kids have one to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and the house is finally tidy.
For 2 minutes anyways.

No comments: