Sunday, October 01, 2006

saturday away day


We Sent yesterday in Littlehampton again doing Relative visiting. It was good getting out of Bristol. I like the sea front despite Springs worries that we'll all get washed away.This time we stopped at Bosham for dinner in a sweet little pub called Anchor Bleu. Small Spring was not amused at the choice of food and the fact that his food dared to have the dreaded leaks in it. But I liked it. The place gets flooded at high tide every day and the houses all have flood guards on the fronts of them.
It was cold though. I think winters coming. I'm usually right.

Littlehampton was blowey. The sea was rough (as I like it) We didn't walk around much. I didn't want to be ill again. The beach was practically deserted. All the sensible people were home in the warm. We did tons of visiting. Springs mum and dad spent the time telling me stuff about him when he was younger (many moons ago) We spent an hour with his little sister and her kids. They're really cool. She's got three teen boys and a girl. She's not online. She said she'd worry they'd spend all day on the PC. I said we'd be worried Abby would be all day OFF of it. ;)

We got home late. I'd driven part of the way and got in the car for the 3/4 hour drive home. I regretted driving as soon as I hit the dark country lanes. I feel guilty making him take me home but I HATE driving alone at night. I took it really slow but as I hit Midsomer Norton a storm had set in. There was almost constant sheet lightening with made me jump each time and the radio crackled. It was magnificent but really spooky. I kept thinking as soon as I hit Pensford I can relax. Wrong. The storm was right over Pensford. As I turned round the roundabout the rain hit. It was like a hundred people chucking buckets of water at the windscreen. I couldn't see a thing for a few seconds and practically stopped. I've never driven in such conditions before and wasn't sure what to do. I wanted to get home. I was scared to stop but scared to drive. I drove on at about 5 miles and hour watching for the white lines in the middle of the road. Full beam made it worse. I noticed about 6 cars stopped at the side of the road with hazards on.
Slowly I inched into Pensford and as I got there it seemed slightly better, well more visibility. The surface water though was extreme and I didn't get over 20 miles per hour all the rest of the way home.
Abby kept texting me worried. As if I can text back when driving!
I think next time I'll take Danz with me. At least I won't be alone coming back. And she'd like it. She's quite gregarious.
Home to my kitten. And a pain free day.
It's bloody cold here this morning. It's still thundering and dark. I want to put some heating on.... But I don't usually do that till Halloween! I'll suffer I guess.

No comments: