Sunday, October 22, 2006

kk

Heidi with the train set we bought for the coach
So how are you this week Trin? How's life? How are you feeling?
I hate blogging when I'm feeling crap. But I guess I tend to move towards writing when I'm a bit low. Makes me feel better to tell someone.
I'm tons and tons better. Back to normal really. Feel normal and energetic again. Spring however is not at all well. I know I've given him Glandular Fever and I feel awful about it. He's also struggling with trying to make money and look after his child and drive 30 miles to see me.
Am I worth all of that?
I don't feel it at all.
So, lets move swiftly away from that. Did I tell you that I'm now the manager of the Somerset and Dorset railway catering coach? Me? Ms non cook 2006. I used to cook all the time years ago, It was a 'Good Mum' thing. Home cooked food. Cakes, scones, quiches. Then life got in the way and I kind of gave up. My Nan was the best cook ever. Her spotted dick was just to die for ;)
However my mother cannot cook for love nor money. Her best meal when we were small was instant smash potato spread on top of a tin of Fray Bentos Mince in gravy and baked beans.
The catering coach is very interesting. The people who go there are way more fascinating than any Soap drama.
My job is to make this lovely 1st class catering coach begin to make money. With as little input as possible... Don't get me wrong. I know I'll need to input time, but I already have a lot to do in my life. I guess it's something I can do with Spring though and he's the main draw.
Danz absolutely loves the catering coach. She's been there with me today. Washing up and fighting with the youth on the platform... You know as you do!
Danz and Paul the feuding pair
Today we decorated the coach for Halloween. Looks really cool actually. We also set up a model train in the coach. Crikey.... I'm turning into a train spotter.... Help...........
Collette's perfect sponge.
BTW remember my best mate Collette who was doing a cake making course at Bitton Railway. This was her cake. Very delicious too. I promised her I'd post the picture.
Not sure I'll ever do catering courses in the coach though!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you are worth it! Spring knows it and deep down inside so do you!

Hang in there!

Keith Horowitz said...

Glad to hear you are doing better. Just stopped by to say hi!