Wednesday, October 18, 2006

hooray 8 days off now...

Well my week at work is over.... Yeah I know I don't actually do a lot! It went ok but I was so damn tired. Guess a month off and I'm just not used to it.
They managed to persuade me to book for the Christmas meal which is in some Moroccan restaurant (slightly odd) and they wanted me to bring Spring. They seem fascinated by him. Odd lot I work with. My manager spoke to me and asked if I was dead set on transferring to the Children's Hospital. Seems there's a opening in out patients with the paed consultants. It would be the better option for me. Hours the same. No weekends or bank holidays. Plus I get to stay where I'm settled.
The future MAY be brighter after all.
I just got back form that vile health centre again. More sodding bloods. Will they EVER leave me alone?
The room was full of the over 80's having flu jabs. Sat there with their sleeve rolled up ready. The room was heady with the smell of slightly stale urine. I do NOT want to get old you know. Round the corner was the motorised wheelchair park. Everyone who came out fired up there machine, hopped on and out they raced (well slight exaggeration there) wonder if getting old might be fun. We might have motorised helicopter things by then. Fly home, all dressed in red (they like red round here)
Unfortunately after I got out it was release time at the local zoo school. Hundreds of small kids going the opposite way to me. It was like forging through the tide. I'm always amazed at how many kids people actually have there was one with 5 boys ranging from one in pushchair, one toddling and three in school uniform. Then there was one woman totally dressed in white. Really tight white jeans, white top, white hoodie thing (no ears) and white/blonde hair with three black kids. Was she trying to make a statement?
They all got weird names like Keidis and Kharis and Karma Marina.
Home to their pot noodles and spaghetti hoops on toast. Sounds good. I better go cook by own council estate offspring something I guess. Now where's the tin opener?

1 comment:

clarrie said...

ooh Moroccan. You'd better practice your bellydance moves